2012 Triangle Global Health Case Competition Registration
Thank you for your interest in the 2012 Triangle Global Health Challenge Case Competition! Registration is open from Friday February 24 (9am) – Monday March 19 (5 pm), 2012. Please use the link below to access the 2012 registration form.
You may register as a complete team, incomplete team, or individual; preference is given to complete and incomplete teams, and all students who want to participate must register. If you register as an individual or incomplete team, the planning committee will match you with other registered individuals to complete your team.
Remember, all teams must fulfill the following criteria:
- Teams must consist of 4-6 students from a single university
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
- Teams must be interdisciplinary, i.e. consist of members from at least three different academic schools and/or disciplines within the university.
Instructions to Applicants:
Please collect the following information for all team members prior to accessing the registration form (you must register in one sitting; you cannot begin the form, save, and resume later):
- Team Member 1 – designated as primary contact for complete and incomplete teams
- First and last names
- Email address
- Graduate or undergraduate student status
- Primary school of study (e.g., Eshelman School of Pharmacy, Kenan-Flagler Business School, College of Arts and Sciences)
- Primary discipline/curriculum (e.g., Political Science, Maternal and Child Health, Dentistry)
- Anticipated degree (e.g., BA, MD)
- Expected year of graduation
In addition to these items, you will have the opportunity to provide a brief account of your team’s diversity, and how this diversity will help your team in the Triangle Global Health Case Competition. This item is intended to generate a broad view of your team’s diversity and – in the case of an excessive number of applicants – will be used in the selection process for team admission to the case competition. (maximum limit: 150 words)
By submitting the registration form, you agree to complete the following activities for the 2012 Triangle Global Health Challenge Case Competition:
- Mandatory attendance at the UNC Global Health Challenge Case Release and Kick-Off Event (Monday, March 26, 6:00-8:00 pm). At least 1 member from each team must attend.
- Active participation and contribution to your team’s planning/research process and presentation development.
- Attendance at the Triangle Global Health Challenge Case Competition and Career Networking Event (Saturday, March 31, 8:00am-4:00pm)
If you have any questions about the registration process, please email Mamie Sackey Harris at Mamie_Harris@med.unc.edu.
Best of luck!